Call and Response
From Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program
Artist: Ta-coumba Aiken
November 16, 2007 – January 13, 2008
Minnesota Artists Gallery
What Do You See?
Ta-coumba Aiken wants to know what you see in his paintings.
Click here to add your thoughts below.
A celebration of creativity, painting, and community, Ta-coumba Aiken's exhibition "Call and Response" is an expansive call to artists, children, community members and museum visitors.
In addition to creating many new paintings for his exhibition, Aiken called to friends to collaborate with him. The show includes textiles made with Robin Getsug Taple, windows with Seitu Jones and William Slack, sound paintings with Carei Thomas, and ceramics with Peter Jadoonath. Their integrated responses show how working with others encourages inspiration and creates an expanded whole.
I see dreams... an alternet reality, death. Well maybe its the music.
(lot of new work)
and snippets of the past.
and on.. .
- Brochure (pdf)
- Carei Thomas, Spiral-Helix, 2007 (mp3 file)
- Carei Thomas, Frangrance IX:...In the Mean Time, 2007 (mp3 file)
- Arts Magazine article
- Press Release
- Opening Reception: November 15, 7-9 p.m.
- Artist Talk: Thursday, November 29, 7 p.m.
- Critics' Trialogue: Thursday, December 13, 7 p.m., with Deborah Karasov.