Found Voice, Solo Museum
From Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program
Artist: Abinadi Meza
April 4 - May 25, 2008
Abinadi Meza is presenting a site-specific video and sound installation made from everyday sound recordings of the museum, and a video shot while wandering through the museum at night. Paintings, sculptures and artifacts emerge and disappear into the darkness, presenting the museum as a repository of memory.
Recording equipment for Meza's project courtesy of Holophone. Surround-sound encoding and production courtesy of Steve Clarke, Minnetonka Audio Software Inc., and John Keefe, First Generation Recording Studios.
Related Works of Art
Your Comments Here
- I like how this exhibition gives a creepy, surreal atmosphere to the very building that you are viewing it in. It was a little unsettling when I first walked in, but I am finding it hard to leave
- It would be nice to have some sort of explanation regarding the exhibit it seems as though the room is closed because of the darkness.
- 2008 exhibitions
- Picturing History: Paintings and Studies of Art, Artifacts, and Architecture at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Opening Reception: Thursday, April 3, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Artist-led tour: Thursday, April 10, 7:00 p.m.
- New Date!!! Critics' Trialogue: Thursday, May 8, 7:00 p.m. with Kristin Makholm.